Friday, August 19, 2011

Until next summer...

Dearest Colton & Jax,

Just as I suspected, summer break came and went much too quickly!  I went back to work this week and attended training after training as you boys both went to Ms. Stephanie's house each day.  Next week we're in the thick of it as my students return and it's back to the grind.  All of my classroom preparations caused me to neglect this electronic memory book but I want you to know that memories were still made.  Here are the last few shots of the summer:

Jax, you went to your second summer of "camp" at our church.  It was 3 days long from 9am - 1pm each day and I think you enjoyed it.  Taking your backpack and lunch was one of your favorite parts : )


Colt, you hung out with some of your buddies from my school.  Y'all are just a few weeks apart in age and it's fun to get you together and watch you interact. 


We took cupcakes to The Vaughn's house one night and you dove right in without hesitation!


You two worked on some art together at home.


Daddy even taught you to play Wii (a gaming system that probably seems prehistoric by the time you're reading this)!  Your favorite game is Mario Kart and you always pick either "the little girl" (Princess) or "the monster" (Bowser) as your drivers.  It's a hoot watching you play!!


Andy visited us for a weekend and we had some fun at Rainforest Cafe.  We "found Nemo" a few times ; )


Colt, we finally celebrated your birthday here, in Texas, just between us.  We bought you a tiny zoo and you enjoy chewing on the endangered species.  : )


I had quite the to-do list this summer.  Atop the list? 

Love on my boys.

Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment