Saturday, November 16, 2013

Polar Bear Plunge

Dearest Colt & Jackson,

Some sort of scheming between the two of you brought about a determination to swim in the pool today.  The conversation went as follows, in which M = Mom, C = Colt, and J = Jax.

J:  Can we go swimming?
M:  It's too cold for swimming.
C:  It feels so good outside. [It was 71 degrees.]
M:  Well the pool temperature is lower than the air temperature and look at all the leaves in the pool!
J:  It'd be fun to swim with leaves!

So my gears started turning and I thought 1) it sure is hard rationalizing things with you after you've been at Grandpa & Grandma's house for the night, 2) the best way to learn a lesson is to experience it, and 3) I can totally use this determination as leverage!

M:  If you boys eat a healthy lunch and then have rest time, I'll let you step in the pool for a few minutes.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the minute rest time was over you were both putting on your swimsuits!

J:  This is chilly! [It was 66 degrees!]


C:  It feels better here.







J:  I think I'll just sit here on the side.
 







....5 minutes later...
M:  Come get your towels!


After passing along the stubborn gene, neither of you admitted how frigid the water was...but I think it's safe to say that you won't be asking to swim again for a few more months.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment