Monday, December 9, 2013

2 weeks ago... (Part 1/4)

Dearest Boys,

Two weeks ago we boarded a plane for Honolulu and left you in the capable hands of Grandpa & Grandma (who flew all the way down here with Hailey just to stay with y'all so Daddy & I could take this trip!).

It takes 8 hours to fly to Honolulu from Dallas but we kept busy with books, movies, snacks, and naps.  Since it was my first time to fly first-class, I had to have your dad snap a picture of me at dinner time!
 
 
We arrived at our hotel after dark with just enough time to unpack and visit with Uncle Mike & Aunt Jess before bed...but I did think it was nice of the island to welcome us with fireworks ; )

 
We caught our first glimpse of paradise on Tuesday morning and I had a hard time not staying on that balcony all day!
 
 
Daddy made plans to go ATVing with the boys so I took some time for myself to go for a run along the beach.

 
I walked more than I ran though because I kept stopping to admire the views!

 
Later, Jess and I hit the strip for some shopping and lunch.


After the boys came back from their ATV adventure, we all cleaned up for a luau. 



 
The entertainment and food were great but we were exhausted by the end of it because it was 10:00 in Hawaii, which meant it was 2AM on Texas time!

 
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment