Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Break - Weeks 4 and 5

Dearest Boys,

Week 4 was spent returning from Michigan, getting back to life in Flower Mound (my vacation-lag seems to last way longer than what is typical), and celebrating our country's independence.

Week 4, Tuesday - We put away suitcases, did laundry, and just chilled in the comforts of our own home.  Our rest time was extra long and you slept next to me so sweetly, Colt.


Week 4, Wednesday - Our fridge was empty so we picked up a treat before restocking it:


Week 4, Thursday -  While I don't have any pictures, I still want to document this first for you, Jax.  On this day, a friend's nanny picked you up and took you for the day.  Considering that she isn't a friend of mine and she was taking you in her car, I think this was a huge step [for me].  You went to the movies first and then headed to the community pool for swimming.  I checked in via text message a few times that day and I was so relieved when she brought you home that afternoon.  

Meanwhile, Colt, we played some fun games in the backyard : ) 


Week 4, Friday - Fourth of July!  We enjoyed having Daddy home with us and y'all swam your hearts out while I went shopping with Grandma.  We met up with the Vaughns later for playtime and fireworks.  Mr. Justin picked the perfect spot and we watched a great display from the back of his truck!

Week 4, Saturday -  The Facklers hosted a shindig at their house and you boys had fun slippin' and slidin'.


Week 5....it was so nice just to be home without ANY plans so we took things slow and simple.  And maybe I was a little *too* relaxed because all the days seem to run together in my mind.?.?. So here is a picture dump from the week:  
Jax, you started indoor soccer and it's a hit already!
We visited the Fort Worth Zoo.
The otters flirted with you!
The train ride was a must for cool-down purposes.
We taught you pool maintenance ; )
We got Bahama Bucks (and this is their smallest size!!).
And y'all spent the whole weekend at Grandpa and Grandma's house!



Summer break has been absolutely perfect! 




No comments:

Post a Comment