Saturday, November 28, 2015

ICE!

Dearest Boys,

We kicked off our holiday traditions by visiting the Gaylord with 3/4 of the Vaughns.  We went nice and early (the week of Thanksgiving break - good: tickets were half price & crowd levels were low, bummer: Dad had to work) and it was the perfect way to get us in the holiday spirit!





This was this year's theme and it was my favorite so far!  After teaching this exact concept for years, I thought it was so neat to see everything in ice!




These ice slides are always a long wait and that's when the 9 degree temperatures really hit you, but you still stuck it out for a few trips.





Regardless of the theme, the last room always has the same display and it's my favorite! After filling the other rooms with moving parts and colorful designs, I love the simplicity used the carve the nativity.  One year I might even learn to photograph in this tricky room...


We skipped the sno-tubes this year and let y'all do a snowball shoot out instead.  It still took some waiting around, which was fine since I was waiting with this fun chica:




What an "Ice" start to the holiday season ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment