Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 6/52

Dearest Boys,

While my "photo-a-day" mission failed, I do have multiple pictures -- and stories -- from our week.

Saturday was a big deal!  Colt, you went to your very first soccer practice!  Parents were quick to notice that you're almost a full head taller than your teammates and inquire about your birthday.  You showed zero signs of being timid/shy/nervous and ran all over the field.

 

Saturday also happened to be your first soccer game with your new team, Jackson!  Someone snapped some shots for your team's facebook page and I got a kick (pun totally intended) out of your signature "tongue of determination"!


Your team won with a score of 2-0 and you scored one of those goals!!!!  We just had to celebrate with dinner out with the Fletchers.


The Vaughns were kind enough to host all the Stephamilies at their house for the Super Bowl on Sunday.  We tested the limits of their new couch as we watched my boyfriend the greatest quarterback in history win his second championship ring.


Later, we got down to business - the tooth brushing business.  Turns out, Colt, you have your first cavity : (  Dad, being the Sonicare believer that he is, bought you two your own expensive brushes so you can be like him (& hopefully we can avoid any more of those dental reports!).


Mother Nature has been in a fabulous mood lately and you, Jax, have wanted to play outside as much as possible.  Well, you've recently made friends with a new boy that lives just down the street and you often bike to his house or play outside together.  I didn't want to be the creepy, picture-taking mom to the new kid so I secretly snapped this one of y'all the other day.


Not long after that covert mission, his dad came over to tell him it was time to return home.  Since we'd never met the man, I didn't want to be rude so I had to invite him in.  And this is how our living room looked as we stood there making small talk.


  And that was the time I learned my lesson the hard, embarrassing way.  Listen to your wise mother, children:  If nothing else, keep your living room & guest bathroom clean.  Either that, or never answer your front door (probably what I'll do from now on).

Anyway...the week wrapped up with another soccer practice and you killed it, Colton!



How cute are you as you dribble around those cones?!  Precious!!
You were equally as precious one night at Jackson's soccer practice.  I was sitting in the car reading a book and you were getting out of the car to go play.  I said, "Have fun & be safe." and you replied with, "Keep reading but try not to get car sick." 

It's the little things, my funny boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment