Monday, March 28, 2016

Weeks 11 and 12

Dearest Colt & Jackson,

I want a new camera.  I've thought my pictures were blurry for a while but I've made up excuse after excuse (Maybe it's my eyes?  Maybe I'm on the wrong setting?  Maybe I have a tendency to quiver and I just haven't noticed?...) for the poor picture quality.  I'm over it and these past 2 weeks have been the blur that broke the camera's lens (figuratively speaking...I don't think the lens is "technically" broken.).  Between your very first tournament with your new baseball team, soccer games, and the world's fastest bluebonnet session, I was really hoping for some great shots.  Instead, I have these unfocused memories:


First up - baseball tournament

The unusually frigid temps must've kept people away because your team was 1 of only 4 in your division.  You played a total of 4 games and you loved every minute!




Colt, you stayed warm during your soccer game!


Jax, you had a neat opportunity with your soccer organization to participate in the Dallas Cup (an annual invitation only tournament that hosts soccer teams from around the world).  It was at the Cotton Bowl and your team got to walk onto the field with the US Nationals at the start of their big game.  Y'all also played on the field during half-time!  So much fun but not many shots to show you (Thanks a lot, blur!!)

The tournament teams after the opening ceremonies
Legends waiting to walk in


Playing on the field during half time
We bundled up to watch you!

Once the cold spell headed north, the weather returned to Spring-gorgeous!  On one particularly lovely day, we parked on the side of the road for a super quick bluebonnet break.  Our usual fields have either been mowed down, flooded, or trampled so this patch might be it for 2016. 


 The weeks are flying by and I don't mind...because that means we're that much closer to SUMMER!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment