Saturday, May 28, 2011

102 at the Zoo

Dearest Colton & Jackson,

As much as I don't like change, I love trying new things.  And that's why we drove an hour up north today just to take y'all to a zoo.  Colton, this was your first zoo experience.  Jackson, this was your first time at *this* zoo, so that made it special.  Now, considering that you never know what you're going to get when you try new stuff and combine that with the fact that I'm not a big fan of caged animals outside of their natural habitats - this had the potential of being a dud.  But it wasn't!!  I was pleasantly surprised and I have more than enough pictures to prove it : )

I love how close we could get to the giraffes!
You wanted an even closer look at the camel!
Daddy was there to make sure you didn't get *too* close ; )
You dug the views from your own personal shade, Colt.
The zoo had food for feeding their goats...and, my favorite part, a handwashing station right outside!
I loved hearing you "read" to me about the animals!
Not quite as tall as a black bear...
In what is quickly becoming a tradition, we had to ride on the train...
and you liked the ride, too, Colton!
Then, it was off to play at a super fun playground across the street from the zoo!
And wouldn't you know it - a train was one of the first things you found!


Colt, you were content to watch from a bench.
 
We were all a sweaty mess when we finally loaded up the van - which is what happens when you tour the zoo and it's 102!!  And that brings us to another first for you Colton, your first Texas summer.  Oh, boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment