Monday, May 9, 2011

75th percentile

Dearest Colton & Jackson,
This picture doesn’t do justice to how big you boys are getting.  You each had a well-visit on Friday and I was surprised by your measurements. 
Jax, you are now 38 ½ inches tall and weigh 34 pounds.  Considering your appetite, I thought you’d weigh a little less.  According to the charts, you are in the 75th percentile for both height and weight.
Colt, you are now 29 inches tall and weigh 20 lbs 11 oz.  Considering your appetite, I thought you’d be a lot heavier!  According to the charts, you are also in the 75th percentile! 
Two needles made their appearances at Friday’s visit.  The first was for a finger poke on you, Colton.  They took some blood to check for anemia.  You handled it like a champ and your blood work came out perfectly!  Then it was time for 1 vaccine for you, Jax, and you wanted n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with it.  I hovered over you – partly to keep you from running and also to prevent you from seeing what was coming – and I about lost it myself when you let out a blood curdling scream!  Thankfully, there’s another year before the next one J
One of things I repeatedly praise God for is that you boys are healthy.  My heart smiles as your pediatrician checks you out and uses words like, “Looks great!” and “Perfect!”

No comments:

Post a Comment