Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cheeese!

Dearest Gator,

Along with Game 4, today was also the day for your team's pictures.  We were told to meet at the field earlier than early...but I guess some of your teammates didn't get that memo because 3 of them weren't there!  And one of them that did show up wanted nothing to do with pictures; therefore, here is a shot of your little team before Game 4:


Of course, a goofy shot was necessary:


As you can see, we finally bought you the "proper" pants.  Even in a size XS, everything still looks so baggy on you!  For nostalgia's sake, I'll probably keep this little uniform forever.  Now for memory's sake, I want you to know that the league's tee ball rules are pretty loose - - there are 3 innings, with no outs, and numerous adults are allowed on the field for support.  Us adults hoot and holler for y'all as if this really were the majors and you each cross home plate as if you really did just hit a 3-run homer.  Since it was team picture day, I had my camera out and I captured a few more shots of you in action.  I promise I won't have my camera at every other game.  I wouldn't want to be "that mom" ; )

You don't seem to have a nerve in your body as you go up to bat


Nine times out of ten, you make solid contact with the ball. 
(I'm proud.)


After each game, you always talk about how fast you ran to the bases.


Here you are giving the 3rd base coach a high-five


You played outfield again in this game and you started off focused and ready


And I love your intensity when you go after a ball that comes your way


But I also love how quickly you (and the other Gators) get bored while waiting for some action


Everyone shows good sportsmanship after each game


Then, your coach always calls you into a huddle (Is that only appropriate for football?) and asks if everyone had fun.  Y'all have now learned that if anyone responds with "No" that you all have to run the bases so someone does so each time.  No big deal though as this seems to be your favorite part!



While you were all smiles, your brother was tired of being at the ball fields for over 2 hours.  He & Daddy took a few walks.  But don't worry - they never went out of sight.  We all love watching you play your little heart out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment