Friday, September 30, 2011

Sleepers

Dearest Jackson & Colton,
I try not to compare every little thing about the two of you but I think it’s only natural.  I’ve only done this parenting thing once before so every time you (Colt) do something I think, “How did this go with Jackson?” Jax, you have always been a superb sleeper – so I prayed for the same with you, Colton.  While you sleep through the night wonderfully, you are such different sleepers and it fascinates me.  For instance, since birth – you, Jax, have slept on your back.  You have and continue to sleep with your bedroom door open and you like a bit of white noise.  Colton, you have liked sleeping on your stomach since day one.  While you also like some white noise, you sleep best with your door closed.  It took us a few months to figure this out but you’ve been sleeping with it closed ever since.  The biggest difference is your required “comfort” items.  Colt, you sleep with nothing in particular.  You’ve never taken a paci, you don’t use blankets, and you seem disinterested in each animal we lovingly placed in your crib.  Jax, you clung to the paci for a while and you quickly attached yourself to a green blanket.  Your absolute must-have is your “baby” though.  The Colts bear given to you by Grandpa & Grandma R. is your favorite whether it’s night-night time, nap time, travel-up-north time, or just rest-on-the-couch-because-you-feel-yucky time.  Well, after years of love and some restiching by Grandma, Colts bear needed a permanent rest.  You got a new “baby” but I’m not sure he’s had the same effect.  Tonight, as I tried to tuck him in with you, you told me that he should sleep on your train table.  Woah!  Of course, I had to take a picture to document this event…

I’m usually not one for saving things, but I’m pretty sure your original “baby” will be in our family forever J

No comments:

Post a Comment