Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome Kaitlyn!

Dearest Jackson and Colton,

I pray that God blesses you with true friends throughout your life.  Daddy and Andy have been friends since middle school so Andy is pretty much stuck with us forever!  Now that Andy is married to Suzanne, she’s been roped in too!  When we found out they were pregnant, we were beyond thrilled!  After almost 20 years of friendship, it’s really more like family – and that’s exactly how I feel about Ms. Kaitlyn.  We waited 5 weeks to meet the newest member of our family so we each used this weekend to drink in as much of her as we could. 
The Lake Family spent two days with us and those two days were filled with snuggles, hugs, and a lot of “Can I hold her?” requests. 

Jax, this is the first time you held her and you were thrilled!

I was also excited to love on her. 
While it felt great to hold a tiny baby again, it showed me how happy I am to have two. 
Adding another to the mix was exhausting!

We went out for lunch together on Saturday and then got Andy a special cake for his 30th birthday!

Sunday was a comfy - rest on the couch - pass the baby around - kind of day. 
Kaitlyn rarely left our arms and I hope Andy and Suzanne aren't cursing us back in Colorado right now ; )



Andy got a little taste of life with two!

And then Josh tried his hand with all three!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment