Saturday, March 31, 2012

Haircuts

Dear Boys,

I just sat down to upload some pictures of your new haircuts.  Instead, I’m staring at the pictures in awe as I see two little boys looking at me on the other side of the camera instead of my babies. 
There have been other bits and pieces of proof lately but these pictures have really sealed the deal.  Y’all are growing up way too fast! 

I knew you were growing up, Jax, when we went to get your stiches removed the other day and you cried for my protection even though you were already in my arms.
I knew you were growing up, Colt, when you said “I love you” for the first time this week – and it was to your Daddy.
I knew you were growing up, Jax, when you told me today that you’d rather have movie time instead of nap time and you made it through the day a-ok.
I knew you were growing up, Colt, when Ms. Stephy told me that you've been playing upstairs – with the big kids!
I knew you were growing up, Jax, as you made a seriously impressive play in your tee ball game this morning and then waved at me when all was settled down.
I knew you were growing up, Colt, as you got super shy last night when we had some new friends over for dinner.  You hid in the family room and then sought comfort by peeking out from between my knees.
So…here you are – just a few days ago…shaggy haired and reading with Daddy

…And here you are today…clean cut…and looking so grown!





No comments:

Post a Comment