Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Safari

Dear Jackson and Colton,

If I ever get so consumed with organizing my classroom that I forget to pack drinks in your lunch boxes, will you gently remind me?  And if I ever work on lesson plans all night long instead of brushing your teeth, will you nudge me with your toothpaste?  And if I ever spend my free time cutting out alphabet letters instead of blogging, will you forgive me?  It's that time of year and, although I've only been back to work for a few days, I already feel guilty that I've been wearing my "teacher hat" way more than my "mommy hat".  And that's a shame really because my mommy hat is my favorite....it goes with all my outfits and I always get a lot of compliments on it...

Soon, it won't be just me in my classroom as I will be joined by 19 first graders on Monday morning.  And I think that before I have to put on my counselor, nurse, janitor, cheerleader, and referee (just to name a few) hats, I'd better update our little blog.

Last week at this time we were meeting up with Brody & Kate at a new-to-our-area play place.  Y'all spent two hours running around this "Safari Park" and had a great time!




(You willingly got on this robotic animal ride but then quickly changed your mind.  
I had to hold your hand and just try to keep up!)


(Jax, you chose to ride on the robotic chicken (safari??) and it was practically like bull riding as this thing swayed side to side - but you liked it!)


(Shout out to Kate for being the only kiddo to participate in this picture of y'all taking your train ride!)




It was a fun way to wrap up summer and I'm sure we'll be back again sometime!



No comments:

Post a Comment