Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Water Therapy

Dearest Jackson and Colt,

People tell me that you look a little like me, Jax.  While I hear that you, Colton, are your daddy's twin.  I know that you have my facial shape, Jackson.  And I know that you have your dad's feet - even down to the toes and nails - Colton.  One thing that I hope neither of you acquire from me is back problems.  Of course, being in pain sucks.  But the worst part of back issues is not being able to give you two 100%.  All of this reminds me to ask the doctor if this stuff is hereditary at my next appointment. Turns out I have Degenerative Disk Disease.  Since my recent diagnosis, I've been seeing a lot of the chiropractor lately so it will only be a day or two before I find out the answer to that question.  While I pray that you never have to deal with this, my advice to you - should you ever have it - is to get help at the first symptom instead of making excuses for it for 4 years!  During a tough day last week, I decided to take y'all to the neighborhood pool.  It appealed to me as we could not only walk there but I also thought it might relieve some pressure from my lower back.  Thanks largely in part to a new swim device for you, Colt, we had a super fun time swimming together!









No comments:

Post a Comment