Sunday, November 18, 2012

Grinch?

Dearest Boys,

Daddy is out of town again this weekend - this time on a fun trip with Uncle Andy - so we had a lot of time to fill together.  In between shopping, laundry, riding bikes, visiting the park, and going to church, we did a little decorating.  The word little is to be emphasized in this case.  While I want to make things festive for the two of you, my heart is no longer in love with this house and barely has any desire to "holiday it" up.  I dug out a few Christmas boxes and we put the tree up together though.  Colt, you're too young to know what's going on so you played on the computer at first.  Jax, you were pumped right away and wanted to put every ornament on the tree by yourself.  The first ornament you picked was your Toy Story ornament that you received last year.



You kept at it, Jax, and only one ornament was injured in the process (a bear with a broken hand that is no match for super glue!).



Before I could even lay down the tree skirt, you told Colton to pose with you on the ground - just like y'all did two years ago for our Christmas cards.  So sweet!


Once things were in place, you finally took notice, Colt.


I quickly snapped this picture of you and what appears to be your favorite ornament before having the "ornaments are not toys" talk with you.  I've only heard that ornament's song - you know, the one that plays when someone turns the knob - 7 more times since then so it seems our little chat was muy effective.


Now I just need to hang up the stockings...and I think that will be it for this year.  
Does that make me a total grinch?



No comments:

Post a Comment