Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Picture Perfect

Dearest Jackson and Colt,

We met with a photographer a few weeks ago to attempt some family pictures.  Every day leading up to "the big day" was gorgeous and every day since then has been sunny and warm -- but, that one special morning was....well, not.  The temperatures were in the 30s and we were all literally shivering the entire time.  And that cold is the only thing I can think of to blame for a super grumpy attitude by you, Mr. Jax.  You gave the photographer about 10 cooperative minutes and then you just had a mini-meltdown.  Colt, you, on the other hand, were a total ham.  While you were all smiles - you took the "never stop moving" approach to staying warm.  The only time we could get you in the photographer's frame was when one of us was holding you in place!  Even with all of that, she still managed some shots that I love.  I used a few of them for this year's Christmas card but here are some of my favorites that I didn't use:










After our speedy little photo shoot was over, we were quickly heading back to the car to warm up -- but, on the way there, you boys ventured off the path into the woods and had an impromptu leaf fight.  She sent me this little bonus montage of you two just being boys.  So candid...so very you...so my favorite part of the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! I can't wait to see the one you chose for your Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! Such great shots. I love the ones of you and Josh as well!

    ReplyDelete