Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Break: Week 5

Dearest Boys,

On the fifth week of summer break, your grandparents gave to you...... THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL TIME!!!  

Week 5 was THE week.  The one I had been praying for over the last half decade.  The one I still find hard to believe.  The one that will completely change your childhood.  Your Grandpa & Grandma (mommy's parents) sold their house in Indiana, bought a house here in Texas, and moved into that house just so that they could be near us.  Let that sink in.  

Do you realize the enormity of it?  I lack the adjectives but let me tell you - it's huge!  Your daddy was blessed to live near both sets of his grandparents and they were actively involved in shaping the man he is today.  Just ask him for some of his best memories from when he was your age and I'll bet many of them take place at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  On the other hand, I did not have that sort of relationship with my grandparents and I think that's why I wanted it so desperately for the two of you.  

Now those prayers have been turned to praise.  My new prayer is that you always honor them, remain open to them, and thank them for the sacrifices they've made for you.  

At only 4.8 miles away from us, we've been at their house a few times since they moved in.  






((While it might seem mysterious that Grandpa and Daddy are both absent from these pictures, I assure you that they were around - probably off tackling some house project together!))

Now if we could somehow get the entire Rabaduex clan to move down here too.......  ; )


1 comment:

  1. I love this post and will be sending it to my parents hoping it gives them a nudge!!! As someone who LIVED with or within a mile of my grandparents for most of my life, the memories made and time I had with them are such a treasure!!! It takes a village...

    ReplyDelete