Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Break: Grand Finale!

Dear Colt and Jackson,

Thank God for Labor Day!  We are using today to refuel our systems as the start of a new school has taken a lot out of all of us!  We soaked up a ton of fun during that last week of summer though!

One day, we dared to go into Chuck E Cheese.  I was not looking forward to it as I pictured chaos, germs, and more screaming kids than I can handle.  But I have to admit that I was giving it a bad wrap!  We got there right when they opened and it was totally the opposite of what I had envisioned (I think my problem is that we'd only been there for birthday parties (Saturdays) before).  A mom of one of my past students manages the location and she hooked us up with free drinks, pizza, and more tokens that we knew what to do with!  Y'all played for over 2 hours and had a blast!





Another day, we took advantage of the Back to School Bash hosted by Grandpa & Grandma's neighborhood.  We walked with Grandma to their club house and enjoyed bounce houses, balloon animals, food, and sno-cones!  (Face painting was offered too but neither of you were interested in that & I don't blame you!)


And, of course, the pool was there for us almost daily to soothe our end-of-summer blues...


It's only been 2 weeks but I miss it already!  Is it too soon to start making plans for next summer??






No comments:

Post a Comment