Thursday, October 16, 2014

1st grade field trip

Dearest Jackson,

You went on your 1st field trip as a 1st grader last week.  I was picked as one of the chaperones and we were both anxious to spend the day together!  We left for Green Meadows Farm bright and early.  Bus services aren't available to us (since we live within walking distance of the school) so you were pumped for the ride!  I had a seat to myself while you got to ride in front of me.


Your class
And then there was my group.  Six, very energetic, little boys.


 You knocked my socks off with your gentlemanly ways!  "Can I help you carry something, Mom?"  Yes, dear.  I SO appreciate your helpfulness!


I learned that farm animals aren't really your thing (maybe if they were dribbling a soccer ball, perhaps?) and you can see your hesitation in this picture -


 The smaller ones that didn't make sudden movements were more your style.


On the way out, you each got to pick out a pumpkin to take home.


 Then we got to eat together at a park. 


The park was situated next to Joe Pool Lake and had a great playground!

Despite the looks of it, I don't *think* you're double jointed.

 I took one last picture before we got back on the buses - and it ended up being my favorite. 


  I liked watching you step out of your comfort zone.  
I loved seeing you amongst your peers that day.
 I enjoyed making another fun memory with you.

(But I totally needed a nap when we got home and I slept for over an hour!)

No comments:

Post a Comment