Monday, October 10, 2011

Days Like This

Dearest Boys,

I like days like this.  I like days when we don't have to go to school all thanks to a man getting lost at sea some 500 years ago.  I like days that follow a cool front when we get to wear clothes that we haven't worn in over 6 months.  I like days when we go to Target and I let you go up and down the toy aisles playing with whatever delights you in a sly attempt at getting Christmas ideas.  I like days when the crafty bug bites me and we end up doing fun projects at home with your cute, little, handprints.


I like days when I don't think craft projects all the way through and become surprised when someone gets red paint all over their belly.  I like days when I have time to fill the tub with bubbles and let you boys play and splash and beg for "more foam". 


I like days when we all take advantage of nap time.  I like days that involve having dinner with friends at their house where they feed us cookies and play games with you boys as if they were kids themselves. 



I like days that I spend with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment