Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Dearest Jackson & Colton,

Remember our very first trip to the pumpkin patch as a family of four?  Of course you don't...but I do. 


Your size difference made for some awkward-yet-precious pictures.  Colton, you sat wherever we propped you.  And, Jax, you were thrilled to have someone to share the camera frame with.  I was giddy as I envisioned this being just the first in a long line of annual pumpkin patch pictures.  My excitement led me to buy you boys coordinating shirts for this year's event.  I strolled down memory lane by checking out pumpkin patch posts from the past 3 years and made a mental list of specific shots that I'd like to recreate. 

Well, I won't say that this year's trip wasn't lovely - because it was.  But I will say that my photography dreams went out the window early on and that this ended up being the best picture I could manage of the two of you together:


That's ok though because a good time was had by all and I did get some super sweet individual shots of you independent, energetic, boys.


I actually find it odd that this is even there to "play" in.?.?.







Whether it's at church, school, or the pumpkin patch - you just love these little barrel train rides!


Colt, this was your first ride and you were a bit more cautious about the whole thing : )


One of my favorites of the day


I like this picture because 1) it replicates one of our shots from years past and 2) I love the paparazzi in the background proving that I'm not the only one who goes at little camera crazy at places like this.


Colt, you wanted to give it a try too but you didn't quite have the concept...



As we got closer to lunch time, you opted for transport via stroller...


and, Jax, you hitched a ride with our pumpkins in the wagon!


We carved our pumpkins before bedtime and here they are lighting up the front porch.


Two big pumpkins with two baby pumpkins...just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment