Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Dear Jackson & Colt,

I've got beef with the month of January.  We've dealt with ailment after ailment over the past few weeks and, as I was looking through some old blog entries, I realized that we've dealt with this junk each January for the past 3 years!  So I say, "Welcome February!! We're glad you're here!"

Daddy's travel schedule was rough as he was gone just as much as he was home this month.  Earlier in the month we were worried about a little bug that you had, Colton.  But the real deal came two weeks ago when Mrs. Stephanie called me in the middle of the day to say that you, Jackson, were under the weather.  You looked pitiful with puffy, red, bags under your eyes and you sounded even worse with a cough that made you clutch your throat.  After a few days of fever, I took you to your pediatrician who ruled out strep, RSV, and the flu.  We were informed of a nasty cold virus going around and you fought it for over a week!  I stayed home from school with you one day and it was actually tons of fun just vegging out with you all day.

You finally got your spunk back and Daddy finally came home from his travels and then I ticked off my spine again somehow.  Oh, how I pray you boys aren't plagued with back problems like me!  I could barely move Thursday and Friday!  I was my old self again yesterday and it was great to know we were all on the mend. 

Until today...when you, Colton, got in a fight with a door.  Sheesh! 

(The camera captured the purple, but it didn't capture the lump that went along with it!)

(You didn't quite understand the concept of the ice pack.)

(Glad it didn't stop you from reading your favorite book!)

(Jax, you didn't like Colton getting all the attention so you just *had* to get an ice pack too.)

So let's all raise our ice packs to February and may we all stay healthy and happy!



2 comments:

  1. I second this post! Um, my family copied yours with the virus, but you copied mine with the back! ICK...DOUBLE ICK...TRIPLE ICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two and your backs... sounds like some massages are in order! Colton's head looks p.a.i.n.f.u.l. Poor baby/Mommy!

    ReplyDelete