Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dallas Zoo

Dearest Colt and Jackson,

We were supposed to have our next-to-last teeball game this morning but it got rained out.  So we decided to cross an item off our summer fun list and journey to the zoo with our awesome membership from Grandma and Grandpa R.


Jax, you were our navigator and chose to be in charge of the map.


While a zoo is great for fun, it's lousy for pictures.  
Good thing I think the backs of your heads are cute! 

Sometimes you would look my way and oblige me for a quick picture.

Sometimes you would even make up your own silly picture pose.
(And I think this "falling in the croc pit" is a pretty funny one!)

Pictures are made extra lousy when the photographer positions the subject directly in line with a tree.  

Proof that I was there!

We ended the trip with a ride on the monorail.

I think y'all enjoyed yourselves.  Even though we've now crossed this one off the list, I know we'll return again soon because a) there's more zoo that we didn't see and b) our membership makes it a practically free excursion!













1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me to take a trip to the Dallas Zoo. We always go to the Ft Worth Zoo, but I'm thinking the Dallas Zoo will be a fun new adventure! Precious boys, as usual!

    ReplyDelete