Friday, October 5, 2012

Run, Run, Rabaduex!

Dearest Colt and Jax,

We had a very first for our family of four last weekend.  We ran our very first 5K race together!!!  Those three exclamation marks cannot express how excited I actually was and still am about this!  After my race in June, I knew I wanted to get back out there and do a lot more running....and then 8 weeks of back pain knocked me out.  Michelle & I were supposed to run this one together too but she had a scheduling conflict at the last minute.  Your dad's face was priceless when I suggested that he take her bib number instead.  He was even less enthusiastic about things on Saturday morning when we awoke to rain!  But we are champions ::insert Queen background music here:: and we headed towards the starting line anyway!  We each took a jogging stroller and you boys rode along like true teammates!  In retrospect, I can say that it was so much fun!!  Honestly though, we had a lot of things up against us.  For one, neither of us had done any running since June!  And pushing 40 lbs. in strollers was no easy feat.  The rain also made things tricky.  But nothing was as challenging as the mountains inclines we came across every half mile!  Alas, 3.1 miles and 42 minutes later, and we crossed the finish line with smiles.  Wet, exhausted, smiles!  I'm ready to go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment