Sunday, May 12, 2013

Entertaining

Dearest Boys,

The selling feature for this house was its large yard and pool.  As soon as we stepped foot in the backyard, I envisioned the two of you out there running, jumping, splashing, and swimming.  I also thought of how awesome it would be to finally have a place to host friends and family.  Before you conjure up some crazy ideas, I do want to defend our old house.  While it was a lovely home, the backyard reached maximum capacity at around 9 people.  It was a good .17 of an acre but I was so ready for more.  (How greedy do I sound right now??)  

So we've been taking full advantage of our new surroundings and I think we've hosted friends every weekend since we've moved in.  

First, it was the Vaughns.  They came over right away and we barely had furniture to sit on much less an unpacked camera so I have no photographic evidence of our get together.

Next, it was Deanna & Kristy.  And I wish I would've found that camera because I think the 6 of us sitting on the ground in the backyard would've made for a sweet forever-memory.  (We still hadn't purchased furniture so we all found ourselves plopped in the grass instead.)  

Then we had the Lawsons and the Baileys over and I just knew I wasn't going to let another photo-opp pass me by!

You and Jacob and Logan started by just putting your feet in...


Then you said you were just going to stand on the step of the spa...


Well, I went inside to finish dinner and - the next thing I know - the oldest boys were all swimming in their clothes!
We wrapped y'all in towels and enjoyed dinner outside that night.


Bill & Norma were also dinner guests one evening but we all stayed in the kitchen that night.  I still should've taken a picture though because we certainly won't be seeing them as often as we used to!  

Most recently, we had the Wrenns and the Haryckis over.  Parker came with the intention to swim and he was ready with swimsuit in hand!  Of course, you thought this was the best idea ever, Jackson! 

Until you felt the water!!!
(We hadn't turned on the heater yet so it was about 71 degrees!)


Colt, you just splashed "a little bit"  ; )









Brandie started serving the delicious cake she brought so everyone dried off quickly!


Jax, you remained shivering in my lap for a while 


Then Doug and Cory cleaned it all up!!!!  WOOT!


We're taking the next few weeks off and giving the house a rest...but I fully intend to back at it this summer!  Bring on the pool parties!!








No comments:

Post a Comment