Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Outdoor Play

Dearest Boys,

Luckily, I have a coworker with boys just a few years older than you.  When her boys outgrow their things, they pass some of it down to you.  Just recently they gave you a bike without training wheels and a rolly scooter (I totally just made that name up as I have no idea what it's actually called!).

You were both so excited so we took our "new" toys to the backyard.

Jax, you had zero hangups about trying out a bike without training wheels!  Your "get 'r done" nature impresses me constantly!  Of course, Daddy started by holding on at first.


But, about a minute later, all he was doing was providing your initial push to get you going.


 And, in true Jackson fashion, you were peddling all over that yard like a pro!


Getting back up and started after a fall is still a bit tricky but you're getting better and better.


However, I must confess that we haven't let you take to the street yet.....I'm just not ready for the serious spills and owwies yet!

Meanwhile, Colt, you hopped on the rolly scooter (that's what we're calling it, right?) and hand-cranked your way around the pool!  And looked precious doing so, I must say!


Have I mentioned how much I love our backyard??

No comments:

Post a Comment