Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May flowers?

Dearest Boys,

Have you seen April?  It was just here a minute ago.  I walked away briefly to do 172 quick things - but, when I checked again, April was gone!?!?!  

No worries, I told myself.  Because I know that after those April showers come May flowers.  And I love the wildflowers in Texas this time of year!  So the other evening, we set out to capture our annual bluebonnet pictures.  "The hilllllls are alive with the sights of bluebonnets!!!" I sang as we drove around.  We settled for the same "field" as last year - mainly out of lack of preparation.  

And while "alive" isn't the first adjective I'd pick to describe this year's blooms, I enthusiastically chased you two around with the camera as if we were on a mountaintop with Julie Andrews herself.  

First photo of the shoot, thankyouverymuch for participating!


My three favorite guys surrounded by a field of bluebonnets!  ; )


A race was about to ensue...


While it might be hard to tell to the untrained eye, I know that this picture caught you mid-belly laugh.  
One of the greatest.sounds.ever!


Amazed by the lush landscape, right?


Saving Texas wildflowers one field at a time!!


I think this shot has become obligatory....love it.


And since last year's "behind-the-scenes" footage was my favorite, I kept snapping away this year even as we walked back to the truck....

Colt:  Give hugs, Bubba.


Jax:  Mom, seriously?


Colt:  I get your kisses!


Jax:  Fine, let's hug it out.....


and one, super quick, kiss!



No comments:

Post a Comment