Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The other women in your lives

Dearest Colton and Jax,

We made it to summer!  

Thursday, June 6th was our last day of school and I think the 3 of us all felt very differently about the end of the year.  

Colt, you were indifferent as you'll see Stephy a few times throughout the summer and get to play with your friends again next year (not to mention, you're two and have no concept of summer vacation).  You were 1 of 7 this year (in age order:  Kate, Ella, you, Drew, Cole, Dex, and Evan) and you had another fabulous year with Stephy.  I dropped you off every morning a little after 7:00 and picked you up every day between 4:00 and 5:00.  You told me about your day on our drives home and it seems like your favorite things at Steph's house were playing upstairs, playing with play-doh, and helping with the baby.  Stephanie remains as one of the biggest blessings in our lives.  I could take so many lessons from her as I am in awe by her nurturing spirit, her gentleness, and her patience.  When I asked you to take a picture with her on your last day, you jumped in her arms for a hug and then "cheesed" with your biggest smile!  



Jax, you were thrilled and had been counting down the days!  It seems like you were ready for summer vacation right after Spring Break.  While you loved going to school to play with your friends everyday, you came to really despise nap time.  Unfortunately, it was required at your school every day and you simply aren't much of a napper anymore.  You learned SO much this year....from the basics, like this is how to go through the lunch line to the life lessons, like this is how to make new friends to the academics, like this is how to add two numbers.  I was constantly impressed by the new things you learned!  You had 2 teachers - Ms. Salazar (pictured below) and Mrs. Green and about 17 classmates (???kids came and went throughout the year???).  Daddy dropped you off every morning around 7:15 and I picked you up every afternoon between 4:00 and 5:00.  Your favorite things about school were playing in the gym, using the iPad, and doing your assigned classroom job (especially meteorologist and camera operator!).  A friend attended your class' EOY party and got these two pictures for me.



I, on the other hand, was quite emotional.  I was teary because I had to say goodbye to the best class I've ever had and their amazing parents.  I was sad because I also had to say goodbye to my colleagues as I'll be teaching at another campus next year.  And I was melancholy as I tried to wrap my brain around the thought that our "baby" will be going off to Kindergarten in just a few months.   

Regardless of how we were feeling last week, we're all basking in the sun this week & soaking up the summer fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment