Tuesday, May 13, 2014

6 years of YOU!

Dearest Jackson,

Your sixth year of life was packed with new experiences, changes, and growth!  Some of the noteworthy moments...

...you learning to swim...


...your swim teacher came to our house every day for two weeks and you managed an adorable breast stroke by the time she was done.  You continued to swim all summer and ended up with a tan that made me envious (because you totally have your dad's skin!).

...Grandma and Grandpa moving nearby...  That alone has to be one of the best parts of your 6th year of life!  I love how comfortable you are around them and how much you look forward to going to their house!

...starting kindergarten!...


 ...I still question whether or not I should have you at school with me but I'm comforted when I see the social and academic growth from you!  You've made sweet friends and you love school, especially ESD!

...a week away from Mom & Dad... for the first time in your life, we went on vacation without you and Grandpa & Grandma flew in from Indiana to stay with you for the week.  I love that you had that time with them!

...SPORTS!...




 


...your natural ability is still amazing to me & we often wonder how to best foster your talent.  Soccer is your best sport although you're great at baseball too.  Throwing the football with you (which you want to do every.single.day!) makes me nervous because we can tell that you'd be an excellent player but *I'm* not ready to sign you up for a team yet.  

Ok, this could end up being a book if I'm not careful -- so let me try to wrap it up quickly:
You've lost 3 teeth this year & 1 more is loosening up!


You're full of energy and want to play outside constantly.


You are a sweet brother and are so encouraging and helpful towards Colton.


You're a nice friend -- so much so that I've lost track of the number of birthday parties you've been invited to this year!


You're a whiz at math and you're already adding double-digit numbers!


You're a healthy kid and you've only had to see the doctor once this year - and that was for pink eye just a few weeks ago.  (Thanks to that appt., we know that you weigh 50 lbs, 9 oz. and are 48 inches tall!)


You claim that your favorite food is pizza, your favorite tv show is Paw Patrol, your favorite book is Superman, and your favorite colors are blue and green.

According to you, you'll play soccer in high school, you'll find a wife in college (No, seriously, these were your words!), and you'll be a race car driver when you grow up.

And we're the lucky ones because we've gotten to be there for it all!  I pray that your next 6 years are even better and that you never question how great you are.  

We love you more than sleeping in, ice cream, and sunshine!










No comments:

Post a Comment