Thursday, May 1, 2014

Zoo Field Trip

Dearest Jackson,

Your kindergarten class went on their third field trip and I gladly volunteered to be a chaperone.  Last Friday, we traveled north to Gainesville to the Frank Buck Zoo.  It's a tiny zoo and we've been there before but it's been a little while...

Our bus arrived at the school bright and early at 8:15.  We took a selfie right away and we were both eager to hit the road.  

 

The other bus didn't get there on time though and we had to wait for them for almost an HOUR!  On the bright side - it gave me a chance to get to know some kids from your class who I didn't know before.  We finally got on the road and arrived at the zoo all in one piece.  I was responsible for you and four classmates.  Here y'all (Gavin, Lindsey, Hailey, Clare, and you) are outside of the zoo, ready to get going.
 


We were supposed to feed the giraffes but the line was too long.  Understandably so, that annoyed you a bit - so, when I asked you to smile near their habitat, this is what I got!


The zoo had these odd fake dinosaur exhibits set up and you and your group spent more time near the dinosaur stuff than anything else.?.?.


excavating fossils...


We boarded the big, yellow bus to make our way home and made it back to school right before the final bell was about to ring!


While I was ready for a nap afterwards, I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with you.  It was great seeing you in another element.  Your personality is so unique from mine and it delights me to see how you adapt to various situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment