Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Week 33/52 (Summer finale!)

Dearest Boys,

I went out with a bang on the final weekend of summer break.  I joined friends on a cruise ship and set sail out of Port Canaveral for a trip to the Bahamas!  It was all for Lindsey's Bachelorette Party but I'm a fan of concluding summer in this fashion from here on out!













While I was enjoying a ton of laughs, yummy food, and gorgeous ocean water, you two were having the ultimate boys weekend with Daddy (not pictured).

Unfortunately, I had to wake up the very next morning and head to work.  That means that y'all spent a lot of time with Grandpa while I attended meetings and trainings galore.

To prepare for the quickly approaching school year, you two went to Floyd's and reminded me that haircuts take you from "Everyday-Cute" to "Holy Handsome!"


Meet the Teacher ended our week and that seemed to be the last nail in summer's coffin.

We went to your classroom first, Colton.  You nervously checked out your new classroom and shyly spoke to your new teacher.



 Jax, we checked out your classroom too and also waited to introduce ourselves to your teacher.  No pictures though as 3rd grade boys seem a bit "too old" for that sort of thing.  ::mommy eye roll::

Finally, the Vaughn's had us over for the grand summer finale, which was bittersweet.



So long, my favorite time of year!  #tears

No comments:

Post a Comment