Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ballgames & Birthdays

Dearest Jackson and Colt,

Our weekends have changed a lot in the last year.  A year ago, we would've been hitting up some festivals, maybe a zoo or two, a local park, etc.  Now we play ball every weekend.  And, if it's a weekend in April, we also throw a birthday party in the mix, too (because April is a great month to be born - right, Jax?).

I miss the carefree, "What should we do this weekend?", days - but I guess I better get used to this new schedule because you, Jackson David, love baseball.  And, while I might be biased, I think you are an awesome player and I can see you playing for many seasons to come!

After this morning's game, we went to Color Me Mine to celebrate Ava's 5th birthday.  She is artistic and creative so this was a great party place for her.


Colt, Daddy helped you pick out a dinosaur for your painting project.  
Jackson, you picked a baseball mug to paint.

Notice the left handed painting?  Hmm...

Colt, you were seriously loving the party at first.

But then an attitude crept in and you only wanted to be held by me and picture taking was off limits!

Nice work, J!

A yummy lunch went along with the painting fun.

A group shot was attempted...minus Colton...and Ella (the birthday girl's sister)...who were both mysteriously moody.

(No worries, the paint washed right out of your uniform!)




1 comment:

  1. How funny...I was linking up from Kelly's Korner and saw sweet Ava on here. I used to work with Ava's mommy, Katie!

    ReplyDelete