Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Interview with an *almost* 4 year old

Dearest Jackson David,

The current trend is to “interview” your child on their birthday...so, after seeing these little questionnaires on blog after blog, I hopped on the bandwagon.  And I’m glad I did because you’re one of my favorite people to talk to.  The red words are mine.  The blue words are yours.  The green words are my inner dialogue.  How is it even possible that you’re almost four years old???  Because I don’t believe in posts without pictures, this post is sprinkled with never-before-blogged pics of you throughout the last few years. 
How do you spell your name?
J-a-b-k-s-o-n
You got almost every letter right!  The 3rd letter in your name is a -C- though.
Oh, yeah!

How old are you about to be?
4
What are you looking forward to about being 4 years old?
Playing with kids
What did you like the most about being 3 years old?
Having fun
What do you think is fun to do?
Ride my bicycle
What’s fun to do with Mommy?
Play games & ride bikes
I like those things, too!  What’s fun to do with Daddy? 
Driving the r.c. car
**I knew this answer was coming as you have been nothing short of obsessed with this lately!  You ask every single day if you can take the r.c. car for a spin and you are your father’s biggest helper when y’all do take it out.
Speaking of Mommy and Daddy, what do we do all day while you’re with Ms. Steph?
You have to go to work.

What does daddy do for work? 
He works with the people who don’t know how to build things.
What does mommy do for work? 
Help the kids

What kind of work do you want to do when you’re a grown up? 
I’ll be a airplaner.
What does an “airplaner” do, Jax? 
He sits in the airplane seat with headphones and drives the plane.  And he gets to talk to the people who are landing.
It would be fun to be a pilot!  Will you fly me around the world?
Ok.  But you won’t wear headphones like me.
Deal.  How about we talk about your favorite things?
Oooo, good idea, momma!

What is your favorite food? 
Macaroni
**Seriously?  I think I could ask you this question every day for a week and get a different response each time.
What is your least favorite food? 
Peas & carrots…oh, and I do like bananas!

Who are your favorite friends? 
Brody and Kate
What is your favorite thing to do with them? 
Play at their house
What is your favorite book?
The truck book
What is your favorite place to eat? 
Old McDonalds Had a Farm
**You call it that over and over despite our correcting you!
What is your favorite place to go have fun?
Hmm…that is a tough one, mom!
Ok, how about your favorite movie? 
Lightning McQueen and Wall-E the robot because he’s afraid of something
Are you afraid of anything? 
Just monsters

What kind? 
Giant ones, momma!
You know those aren’t real, right?
I know.  I’m only scared of the ones that crash stuff on the street.
Honey, those are just pretend.
No, I mean the blue ones. 
::: I nod with a quizzical look :::
Now are we done?
Sure!  Thanks for answering my questions, buddy.  I love you tons and tons.
Love YOU (said with emphasis as you lunge at my face)!


No comments:

Post a Comment