Monday, July 2, 2012

VBS 2012

Dearest Colton and Jax,

It was Operation Overboard last week as we attended Vacation Bible School - and, for our first time, it was at a new church.  We spent each morning from 9-noon "Diving In" and "Going Deep"!  Colt, you went to the nursery each morning and I know you had a blast!  I know because you ran to them with open arms each morning and you didn't seem to mind when we would run into each other in the halls.  The nursery workers had such sweet things to say about you but, unfortunately, there were few photo opportunities in there.  Jax, you went into one of the 4-year-old classrooms and bonded quickly with one of your teachers.  You also did awesome and were unfazed by random "mommy sightings" ; )  Meanwhile, I was helping out with elementary crafts in one of the three craft rooms.  Michelle and I volunteered together and I'm grateful for that as I would've been lost without her....probably literally as there were over 1,000 kids and 500 volunteers!!  

Each morning started with an assembly for the 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds and Michelle and I would join you in there to hear the day's lesson, read scripture, sing, and dance!



It was a little nerve wracking to me that you were just one of awholelotta kids and that, unlike at our last church, you were unknown by a majority of the volunteers.  But one of the volunteers who does know you texted me this picture of you in your classroom and it calmed my fears a bit.


At the end of the first day, everyone was all smiles!









See, Colt - you were there!!  One of the workers from your room took a few of y'all on a stroller ride each morning and you looked like you were loving it every time I saw you!


I'll wrap things up with the final scriptures from our week.  The first comes from Joshua:  ....as for me and my house, we will choose to serve the Lord.  Appropriately last, from the book of Mark - Go into the world and proclaim the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment