Saturday, July 7, 2012

What's for lunch?

Dearest Jackson and Colt,

Lunch time is one of my favorite parts of our day together!  The meals are always easy and our time together is always interesting.  I've looked at lunches a lot differently ever since we toured your pre-school, Jax.  In just a few weeks, you will choose your own lunch everyday and go through the cafeteria line with your little tray all by yourself.  I cringe as I think about the quantity of chocolate milk that will be consumed at that school!  So, while I still have you all to myself, I try to mix things up with our lunches.  I actually was taking pictures of your plates just so that I could reference them in order to not repeat the same thing over and over.  But now I want to share some of this week's lunch pictures with you just to give you boys some insight into our daily meals:

Monday:  mac n' cheese, cashews, banana slices, and carrots


Tuesday:  chicken nuggets, apple slices, peas, 1/2 cheese stick, and 1/2 cookie


Wednesday:  Daddy was home for the day and said he wanted cereal for lunch...so guess what y'all ate?

Thursday:  leftover casserole from Tues. night (tastes so much better than it looks!), yogurt raisins, 1/2 ritz peanut butter bar, and a chocolate covered strawberry (one of the few left from the party the night before)


Friday:  tortellini, yogurt pretzels, fruit snacks, and crackers with hummus


Did you know that I don't like food to touch?  
Your sectioned plates are my favorites and I've considered using them myself many times!!  : )

Mmmm...now this post has me wishing we had more of those chocolate covered strawberries!



No comments:

Post a Comment