Sunday, December 9, 2012

What's an Advent Calendar?

Dearest Colt and Jackson,

Turns out, Mommy stinks at Christmas this year.  I have yet to wrap a single gift, nor have I read you any Christmas books, and our cute Advent Calendar didn't make it past Day 3!  I assure you I've had great intentions and I can almost guarantee you that next year will be better.  If we would've looked behind Day 8's decor, it would've said: "Take in a parade before you party with pjs!"

Although it takes place annually, this was our first year to check out the parade.

You played in the woods before things started.


Then you took your seats and waited so nicely.


Here it comes!


The firetrucks led the way!


Your method was collect a piece of candy, eat the piece of candy, and repeat!


Jacob stood by us to watch his mom in the parade : )



Afterwards, it was home for lunch and naps.  During Colt's nap, I took you, Jax, to a Christmas party hosted by a friend from my old school.  It was a pajama party complete with a cookie exchange.  We made these chocolate peppermint cookies and they were a huge hit!


Decorating cookies...


Making crafts...


Exchanging gifts...




And we all have festive events to attend tonight so it's time to go get ready for those!












1 comment:

  1. Love the pajamas and cookie exchange! What a great idea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete