Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Palm Sunday

Dearest J & C,
                We kicked off Holy Week with some Palm Sunday festivities.  It all started when children were given palm leaves to wave as they marched down the center aisle.  Colton, you were in the nursery – but, Jackson, I was thrilled to have you participate in this tradition.  I quickly noticed some trepidation on your part, so I stood you in line with your favorites, Brody and Kate.  You made it just a few steps before turning around to run back to me.  You’re becoming more shy as you get older – but maybe next year will be your year for palms.?.?.
After a great sermon, we went to the Family Life Center (FLC) to celebrate with food (Ahh, it’s good to be Methodist!).  We posed by the cross just like last year – and it appears that I dressed everyone in blue, just like last year! 


Your favorite thing about the FLC is the stash of sports equipment.  Now, I get that you’re still young but I will be completely floored if you don’t love sports for years to come.  You found a soccer ball within seconds of walking in and stuck with that ball most of our time there….

The only time you gave up the ball was to participate in the Cake Walk (Did I mention that we’re Methodist?).
After cake walking and cake tasting it was time to go hunt eggs outside.  We put both of you in the 0-2 year old hunt, which is my favorite.  The kids pretty much just sit on the ground with their eggs while their families take pictures…and that’s just what we did.

So many things to be grateful for this week (and every week)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment