Monday, April 11, 2011

Texas Wildflowers

Dearest J & C,



Today I embark on a new blog. This blog’s for you, Jackson – and you, Colton. I’ve used to same blog hosting site for the past 6 years and I’ve loved documenting your precious lives. But you’re becoming even more sacred to me and I don’t like the thought of your business accessible for all the world to see. So, I’m here now and I’m typing for you. I have a very selective memory and, unfortunately, I don’t get to select what it remembers. Therefore, I want to type out the memories instead. Because there are so many things I want you to know and I legitimately fear that I won’t remember to tell you. I should start this journey by apologizing for my poor journalism. I’m not as eloquent with words as I’d like to be so bear with me.




Get on with it, mom? Ok, fine. : )




Today’s note will be simplistically complex. Today’s note is I LOVE YOU (I have a feeling that this won’t be the last of notes along this line.). You two are my favorite human beings and the love I have for you goes beyond words. I loved taking you to a bluebonnet field this past weekend. And I loved that you were oblivious to how pathetic the field truly was. You knew nothing of the lack of rain and you weren’t phased by the dry, cracked, ground surrounding the sporadically grown wild flowers. I loved it when you, Jackson, immediately went and sat next to Colton without being prompted to do so. I loved the way you tried to show Colton a bluebonnet by sticking it right under his nose and demanding, “Smell this!” And, Colton, I loved the disgruntled face you gave your brother in response.





Can we make this a tradition?



No comments:

Post a Comment