Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Dearest J & C,

You, and about 500 others, packed into church on Sunday for a fabulous Easter service.  Our typical attendance is around 200 so it was neat to worship with such a large crowd.  Although I may not agree with the reasoning behind why some people only attend church on select Sundays, I can understand their desire to be in the Lord's house on Easter morning. 

This is a tricky stage of life as you, Colton, are obviously too young to even begin to comprehend such a special celebration.  On the other hand, you, Jackson are inquisitive.  I tried to explain the story of Jesus but your "Why, Mommy?" phase overwhelmed me.  I pray that you never stop asking though.  Questioning leads to learning and there's so much we want to teach you.

Speaking of questioning - quite a few people asked, "What did the Easter Bunny bring you?" as soon as we saw them at church. 

Oops.

We decided not to really "go there" so you had no clue what they were talking about.  Instead, we had some surprises set up for you later in the day.  Y'all had just come inside from a long walk with Daddy and he was sprawled out on the floor below me as I tried to take this picture.  Although you were digging on your treats, you were both too busy watching Daddy to oblige me with a picture.  Thanks, anyway ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment