Friday, July 8, 2011

102.6

Dearest Jackson & Colton,

We went back to the Children's Museum yesterday - and, this time, we met up with some friends to add to our fun! 
We started at an archaeological dig site.

Then it was time to rest for .032 seconds on this cool seat.


You & Kate took over driving duties on the firetruck.


Then, you & Brody evacuated out the back of the truck.


My teacher side loved it when the four of you (from L-to-R: Kate, Brody, Jax, & Charlotte) took interest in the reptile and insect displays. 


After everyone was covered in plastic smocks, you happily played at their water table.


No, there wasn't an extreme milking accident.  Turns out, that smock couldn't prevent you from pouring water down the front of your shirt.


And this is pretty much where the picture taking ended.  Because, Mr. Colton, you weren't feeling 100%.  You woke up that morning with a fever but I didn't take it seriously.  You'd never had a fever before and I thought maybe it was because of some new teeth poking through.  I tried to have you play a little bit but you just sat there -


And then I saw our infrared bodies on the museum's monitor and I knew we had a problem


That bright red oval in the left hand corner is your head and you were burning up!  You spent the rest of the time cuddled on my lap so that was the end of my picture taking.  When we got home, your temperature was 102.6.  I gave you some medicine before your nap and when you woke up it was down to 101.4. 

Here we are, 24 hours later, and your entire body is still hot.  Obviously, we're taking it easy today and I plan on letting you lay in my lap as much as you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment