Friday, July 22, 2011

Shake It Up!

Dearest Jax & Colt,

Today ended a whirlwind of a week as we spent every morning at church Shaking It Up!  I, along with these 8 other fabulous "chefs", organized another successful year of Vacation Bible School complete with over 100 volunteers and 325 kiddos!!


You were both timid on Monday morning and kicking and screaming was on the menu as I dropped you off at your respective classrooms.


Jax, you quickly bonded with your classroom's youth helper, Caroline, and cheered right up!


Colt, you were blessed with an extra-special nursery worker!  Ms. Michelle gave you lots of TLC.


I think the stroller rides around the church were your favorite!


Tuesday was green day and you both did much better during morning drop off!


You flirted with Ms. Michelle instead of paying attention to our morning devotion.


Wednesday was blue day, as you can see here.


You were all smiles while sitting next to one of your teachers, Ms. DaviAnne, during assembly.


And I loved the way your class held this rope together as you walked around the church.


Thursday was yellow day.


I was so glad that you had a friend who you "know" in your class. 


Friday was red day...again.  But I rebelled and we didn't wear our VBS shirts. 
(Because, honestly, Mommy had zero energy for doing laundry this week after running around all morning!)


I think you were pretty proud to be sitting on your other teacher, Ms. Angela's, lap.


And this picture from our final assembly just cracks me up...here you are between two classmates.  I don't think any of you are paying attention to what's going on and your grin is just too much!!!


I wonder how long we'll be going around the house singing,
"Shake, shake, shake - shake, shake, shake it up!!  God's got a recipe for meeeee!" ???

No comments:

Post a Comment